- First class or 60% marks (55% marks for SC/ST) in Master’s Degree in Science/Engineering / Technology
- M.Tech./M.E./M.S.(Engineering/Technology) degree with first class or equivalent in the respective or allied areas
- Candidates with Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology or Master’s degree in Sciences in an allied area and possessing a valid GATE score may also apply.
- For those who have not yet completed their qualifying examination, marks up to the 7th semester/ 3rd year (for B.Tech students) and 3rd semester/ 1st year for PG students will be considered
- Candidates with CSIR-NET-JRF / UGC-NET-JRF award for Research fellowship or equivalent or GATE Qualification are encouraged to apply
- Please note that more stringent criteria may be used based on the marks in previous degrees in short-listing candidates to be called for interview
Energetic minds in the medical, science and engineering, industry, who wish to pursue a career in research and train for it, can apply to become external registrants. While the admission and degree requirements are the same as regular PhD students, external registrants can do their research for PhD alongside their job.
Prime Minister's Research Fellowship
PMRF is a prestigious program launched by the Government of India to support cutting edge and high-quality research output. Click here for more details.
SERB-FICCI Prime Minister's Research Fellowship
The SERB-FICCI initiative is to promote industry-relevant R&D with academia. This is mainly intended to cater to dynamic professionals to work on industry-relevant research themes along with Academia. Click here for more details.